Cookies, candy, and treats galore! It’s the holiday season and while you are comfortable with your body right now the worries of what the holidays will do to it are starting to make you wonder if you have something to worry about. So what do you do? How do you keep the holiday as a month of treats and not one of defeats?
First, you can prepare in several ways:
- You may want to drop a few pounds to prepare for what might be an inevitable weight gain.
- Start planning how you will handle the extra accessibility to treats – will you only indulge after 5pm or on certain kinds of treats? Will you limit yourself to weekends or parties?
- Will you abstain completely (this one is definitely not doable for me!)?
Okay, you are now in the midst of the holiday season and treats are everywhere. You like where your weight is at but how do you keep it there with all these goodies around?
- Bump up your gym activity to compensate for the extra calories.
- Portion control: Enjoy the goodies, but in moderation.
- Enjoy the holiday fully and create a post-holiday plan for getting back to the weight you feel comfortable at.
Already, the holidays are over and you managed to gain a bit more pounds then you intended to. Oh, so easy between the heavy meals and the cakes, cookies, and candies that are EVERYWHERE! So now what?
- Create a New Years resolution to join a gym or bump up your current gym activity. This will not only help with any unwanted weight gain but also improve your overall health.
- Exercise some extra portion control until you feel that you are back to where you want your weight to be.
- Maybe this new weight is just fine for you – as they say, carry on!
Whatever you do, enjoy the holidays for all that they are to you and yours. Know that your weight is your business and only your business – it’s about what’s healthy and comfortable to you, not what societal standards dictate. And most of all, have fun, fun, fun this holiday season. Let the joy overwhelm you, gratitude fill your soul, and inner peace find its way to your heart.
Speaking of treats, these deals are perfect for this time of year!