After hours spend on the internet, I have created a list of 15 strange and interesting facts that I bet you did not know.
1.Chewing gum boosts mental proficiency and is considered a better test aid than caffeine – but nobody knows why this happens.
2. Adult cats only meow at humans, not other cats. Kittens meow to their mother but once they get a little older, they no longer meow to other cats.
3. Hanna-Barbera pitched The Flintstones to networks for 8 weeks before it was finally picked up. It became the first ever animated show to air during primetime.
4. Researchers have found that flossing your teeth can help your memory. Flossing prevents gum disease, which prevents stiff blood vessels, which cause memory issues.
5. In New Delhi, if a tree falls sick, an ambulance is dispatched to treat them. This came into effect in 2009 and takes four people to do the job.
6. Dwayne Johnson set a new Guinness World Record for the Most Selfies taken in 3 minutes. He took 105 selfies with fans at his movie premiere for San Andreas.
7. Batman and Predator exist in the same fictional universe. Since 1991, they have been featured together in three comic books.
8.Standing around burns calories. On average, a 150 pound person burns 114 calories per hour while standing and doing nothing.
9. By applying even pressure on an egg, it is nearly impossible to break the shell by squeezing it.
10. Selfies now cause more deaths than shark attacks. It is estimated there are 28 selfie related deaths per year, with the leading cause being heights.
11. Bees have knees. The expression comes from the fact that they store large build ups of pollen in hairy baskets on their knees.
12. Bubble wrap was originally invented to be wallpaper. The creators tried to make plastic wallpaper with a paper backing, but it came out with plastic backing.
13. Volvo invented the three-point seatbelt, then gave the invention away for free. They decided it was too important of an invention to keep to themselves.
14. The Lego Group is the world’s most powerful brand. There are more Lego minifigures than there are people on Earth.
15.Dogs can be allergic to humans – specifically, their dander. While being treated for this allergy, it can take up to 12 months for a dog to recover