The Great British Summer is officially over now. In the grand scheme of things, we had a fairly successful one in terms of weather. I hope you all managed to have a BBQ, get to the beach or attend a festival of some kind. I’m quite a fan of the changing seasons and although I’ve enjoyed the last season, I welcome it. So, what excites me the most about Autumn?
- The Autumnal outfits. Summer dresses make way for comfy jumpers. Flip flops are replaced with autumn boots. I love the colours of an Autumn wardrobe too; mustard yellows, browns and maroon reds. It all looks so cosy and beautiful. You can start to wear the odd scarf now too!
- Autumn TV! Autumn television brings some of my favourite shows back; The Walking Dead, American Horror Story and I’m A Celeb is just to name a few. A cosy night in never looked so good. Curl up with a hot chocolate and delve deep into the twists and turns that these shows have in store for us.
- Autumn Leaves. The trees teach us an important lesson this time of year; to let go. It’s a beautiful metaphor that I look to each year. The tress let go, like we should be each Autumn. But besides of the metaphor, I love seeing the crisp leaves scattered all around. I have fond memories of jumping into piles of leaves when I was a child. Now, I love to hear the scrunch of the leaves as I tread though them on my walks.
- Pumpkins. I may not like the taste of a pumpkin, but I love the decorative use. From pumpkin décor items around the home, to carving your very own for Halloween. Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere!
- Seasonal Costa drinks. Who doesn’t love a trip to Costa when their seasonal drinks menu is released? I have already tried their bonfire spiced hot chocolate and it is the perfect Autumn heart warming drink.
- The countdown to Christmas. Christmas is my favourite time of the year. Autumn signals the start of this countdown. I can start my planning and shopping right about…. Now!
- Fresh starts. The change of a season always signals for me a fresh start. Autumn is the 3rd chapter in this year. It’s also the start of the academic year, and it feels like more of a positive, purposeful start to a year than New Year. Now is time to tick off those goals for the year before it’s over.
- Autumn Sun. I always find the Autumn Sun so beautiful beaming down. It’s the last of the warm sunshine and it still allows us to enjoy crisp days outside soaking up the sun.
- Autumn Berries. I always love going foraging for blackberries at this time of the year. Who else loves to turn their pickings into a crumble?
10. Stew Season. Taste buds are welcoming the Autumn, with the warm concoction of autumn vegetables with mouth-watering gravies and sauces. Stew season is upon us!
Do you like the Autumn? Let me know what your favourite part is below