With storms Ciara and Dennis behind us but more cold weather on the way, the best thing to do on days like these is to stay in and keeping safe. Staying in all weekend when there’s stormy weather outside can be awesome, especially when you make The Lazy Weekend List. The best thing about this list is you can put anything you want on it to pass the time, why not make it a social gathering too? Let me help you by suggesting my top activities for the perfect lazy weekend list.
The Solo Lazy List
If you are planning to spend the weekend by yourself, then here is a few thoughts to get you inspired for what you might want to do.
- Read a book, as in a whole book from start to finish. You could challenge yourself with the task of completing an entire book over the weekend. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a long novel like War and Peace or The Shining, but maybe something shorter like Animal Farm by George Orwell, which is a fantastic Novella and easily achievable to finish in one sitting
- Another idea is to have a long, hot, relaxing bath and let the bubbles submerge you in a tranquil atmosphere. Maybe even read that book while you’re in there.
- Let’s face it, we all have guilty pleasure films and TV shows that we don’t like people to know we love, so why not sit down, get comfy and stick your favourite tacky film on.
- The last thing I will suggest but is far from the last thing on a very big list is to write. You could start a journal writing down your thoughts, feelings and events that happen on a day to day basis. If you’re not one for wanting to write a journal then maybe start a short story, it could be about anything you want. Once completed, you could even submit it online with the vast number of websites that love receiving stories. Furthermore, you could even start writing your own blog and turning it into a new weekend routine.
The Group Lazy List
If spending the weekend by yourself isn’t your thing or you live with other people then fear not, there are just as many things to do as a group to keep you entertained.
- Binge a box set and see if you can complete it in an entire weekend, here are a few franchises that are possible to watch back to back.
- Harry potter
- Star Wars
- Lord of the rings and the Hobbit
These are just a few ideas that you may want to challenge yourself and the group to try and watch in a weekend.
2. While the films are playing you could pig out through the day, starting with an extravagant breakfast followed by brunch, then topping up with a lunch filled with some of your favourite snacks, and then ending with a banquet fit for a royal family.
3. One last idea you may want to do while binging on movies and stuffing your face is to build a forte. Get all the duvets, blankets and pillows you can get your hands-on and start constructing your comfy kingdom. Just the idea of being inside that forte of comfort eating food and watching Harry Potter (or whatever you choose to watch), sounds like heaven.
We all need lazy weekends once in a while, even if the weather isn’t all grey clouds and downpours outside. If you do end up having a lazy weekend, then tell me what you got up to or add some of your own suggestion in the comments.
I’d love to hear what you have to say.