Steps to a better wellbeing
Do you want to improve your wellbeing and overall mental health? Follow these 5 simple steps to improve your wellbeing.
Our wellbeing is about what stimulates us as individuals, by actively engaging, communicating and learning, we can improve our mental wellbeing.
Here are 5 great simple steps to start and improve your wellbeing.
1. Connect with friends or family
Good relationships will always influence our mental wellbeing in a positive way, it can provide:
- Emotional support for yourself and your friends or family.
- Shared Experiences with the people you meet.
- Give you a sense of belonging and purpose.
Having conversations with friends and families can help us open up emotional, make us laugh and create new memories with the people around us. Allowing us to share our experiences with each other and help support each other.
2. Learn a new skill or hobby.
Learning a new skill or hobby challenges you mental, try creating a list of what you would like to learn, or do.
- Helps you to build new relationships.
- Boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
- Builds a sense of purpose and achievement.
Learning a new skill can be fun, engaging and will give you a feeling of accomplishment. Allowing you to open new doors to opportunities and new interests, as well as building new relationships.
If you are unsure what you would like to learn, click here for a list of free online courses.
3. Take a break from technology.
Technology, such as social media can be great to keep in contact with friends and family. However, staring at a screen will affect our mental wellbeing and reduce our physical connections.
- Use text and social media to arrange a date to meet with friends and talk rather than communicating over a messaging service.
- Reduce your time watching streaming services and go to the cinema with friends and talk about it after.
- Put your phone away when you meet friends or family.
4. Be more physically active.
Be active will improve our physical health as well as our mental health and greatly improve our wellbeing. This can be from exercises, such as classes or the gym, or just going on shorts walks each day.
- Giving yourself goals will help you reach and accomplish them.
- Help build new relationships or share experiences with the people around you.
- Allow you to explore and see the beauty of the world around you.
5. Live in the moment.
Like most people we all worry about the future, and the past. This can be financial, career or an event that may be to come or has passed. We worry about what our actions were or what could happen, taking a toll on our overall wellbeing and often making us feel trapped and isolated.
Focusing on the present moment can help us,
- Make plans and communicate with friends and family.
- Take a break for yourself, a day off from the worries.
- Do something fun for yourself, treat yourself.
This will help with what is impacting your mental health, allowing you to share experiences and give yourself a mental break.
For better wellbeing.
Our wellbeing is important and affects our we interact with the world around us. If we don’t have good wellbeing, we begin shutting ourselves off from the world and the people around us. Follow these simple 5 steps to help improve your wellbeing and click here to find out more about wellbeing and what you can do to improve it.
If you have any advice, questions or tips to help improve your wellbeing, add them to the comments below or become an Everyday Role Model and #TellYourStory with MyNeedToLive.