Relay For Life is a global event and we are proud, as always, to be holding this awesome 24 hour event for the 4th year running to raise money for Cancer Research UK
This year we are holding our amazing Festival/Funday/Fete at the Tor Bridge High School.
This year we have:
Live music from The Dave Hankin Big Band, Take A Chance On Us Abba Tribute, Levi Cruz, Ashes to Ashes, Blase Blues, Ela’Mixx and headling is AfterShock.
We also have Nerf Wars, Zorb Football, Lightsaber Combat, Archery Assault Plymouth, Dreamscape VR, Southern Troopers, Glitter and Glow wishes – Entertainment Company, Kids Play Bouncy Castle Hire, Fire Engine (Whitewatch), Harris Magic and many many stalls
About Relay for Life
Relay For Life is a team fundraising challenge, bringing your community together to beat cancer. Teams of family and friends fundraise for life-saving cancer research in the lead up to the Relay, then join
other teams and cancer survivors to celebrate their fundraising at an overnight community event. There are Relays taking place across the UK and thousands more around the world. Collectively, we remember loved ones we’ve lost, celebrate those who have survived, and our fundraising supports research that will help to keep more families together in the future. Each Relay is organised by a dedicated local volunteer committee. Teams, cancer survivors and volunteers come together to show that together, we’re stronger than cancer.
• Our special guests are our survivors of cancer. Each event begins with their Lap of Honour.
• We all take it in turns to walk laps of a track, all day and all night because we know that cancer never
• A Candle of Hope ceremony sees the darkness lit up in memory of those we’ve lost.
• Talks about Cancer Research UK’s groundbreaking science give us real hope for the future.
• Music from local performers gets us moving. Stalls and games are fun for all the family.
• A closing ceremony celebrates our achievements and inspires us all to continue the fight.
We’re part of an international movement of over 4 million Relayers who, between us, have already raised over $6.5 billion in the worldwide fight against cancer. Together at 6,000 Relay For Life events across the lobe, we celebrate survivorship, remember those lost, and fight back. Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to saving lives through research. 1 in 2 people will get cancer in their lifetime.* Our research saves lives. By starting or joining a Relay For Life team, and raising as much as you can, you will bring us a step closer to the day when all cancers are cured.